Offering milk, water, or vihbutito the sphatika Lingam removes all curses and negative karma. When the Siva Panchakshari Mantra is offered 108 times, with milk or vibhuti, the darkest sins aredestroyed. If one chants the Siva Panchakshari Mantra 108 times with vibhuti, one obtains tremendous merit. If the vibhuti obtained from such worship is applied to the forehead, ones fate which is written on the forehead by Lord Brahma can be completely altered for the better. If one eats a pinch of that vibhuti, all
poverty, sins and diseases can be destroyed.
Puja performed to a sphatika Lingam will enhance ones confidence and power. Mantra siddhi or perfrection of any particular mantra can be more easily obtained when chanted before the spahtika Lingam with offerings.
Methods of Puja and Placement of Shivlingam
Arrange all items of blessings after having a bath in the morning with pure mind and soul.
1. Panch Amrit(Milk, Ghee,Curd,Sugar, honey) and also gangajal water should be offered to the yantra.
2. Sandalwood paste or chandan must be offered to the yantra
3. The Sadhak must keep in mind the particular Ishat(mantra) while performing the puja. One should take flowers in both hands and offer the Shivling while reciting the Beeja mantra
4. Unbroken rice or white flowers should be offered.
5. Incense sticks and diyas or lamp must be lit with the chanting of the aapropriate mantra.
6. Fruits, betel nuts and betel leaves are to be offered.
7. Place the Shivling in front of your Temple and also Lors Shiva and start chanting the “OM NAMAH SHIVAYA” at least for 11, 21 or 108 times.