Sphatik shivling is considered to be auspicious and praying and bowing down to sphatik shivling is considered to be bowing to Lord shiva directly.
Sphatik (rock crystal) is the purest and the most auspicious gem in the world.It believed that during "Ramayan Kaal": Lord Ram and Laxman sat on the sphatik rock. Any idol which is made of Sphatik does not need "Pran pratishtha" before worshipping. Worshipping a Sphatik shivling is considered to have same effect as worshipping the "Jyotirling".
Worshipping of Sphatik shivling brings peace, prosperity and happiness to the house where it is Worshipped
Weight - 30 to 40 gms.
Stone - Brazil Crystal quartz (Sphatik)
Methods of Puja and Placement of Shivling
Arrange all items of blessings after having a bath in the morning with pure mind and soul.
1. Panch Amrit(Milk, Ghee,Curd,Sugar, honey) and also gangajal water should be offered to the yantra.
2. Sandalwood paste or chandan must be offered to the yantra
3. The Sadhak must keep in mind the particular Ishat(mantra) while performing the puja. One should take flowers in both hands and offer the Shivling while reciting the Beeja mantra
4. Unbroken rice or white flowers should be offered.
5. Incense sticks and diyas or lamp must be lit with the chanting of the aapropriate mantra.
6. Fruits, betel nuts and betel leaves are to be offered.
7. Place the Shivling in front of your Temple and also Lors Shiva and start chanting the “OM NAMAH SHIVAYA” at least for 11, 21 or 108 times.